What personal information do we collect?
We collect information that you voluntarily submit to us, including the categories of information specified in clause 1.2 of the Mevo Membership Agreement. We also collect any feedback about our services that you provide to us.
If you use our services, we collect information about that usage (‘Usage Data’) including:
- your reservations (dates, times, locations, vehicle type etc.);
- trip information (return time, trip length, speeds, routes and distances travelled, accidents, infringements, video footage (depending on the vehicle type), use of the vehicle’s hands free system, fuelling and charging etc.); and
- any other actions undertaken by you in relation to a vehicle.
The information about your use of our services may be acquired through:
- telematics data including GPS data and on-board diagnostic information from the vehicle; and
- depending on the vehicle type, cameras that record video footage of the vehicle and its surroundings.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information from you when you use our website, the app, or a Mevo vehicle, including fuelling and charging and any other actions undertaken by you in relation to the vehicle.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you to:
- personalise the user experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- improve our sites and vehicles;
- allow us to respond to your requests;
- administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature;
- send periodic emails regarding your membership or other products and services;
- provide the service to you (including billing you for your use of the services);
- continuously track and locate a Mevo vehicle; and
- determine how the vehicles are being used, including whether the vehicle has been operated in excess of speed limits.
By using the vehicle, you consent to our use of the telematics information and video footage to determine how the vehicles are being used, including whether the vehicle has been operated in excess of speed limits, and acknowledge that we may use the information to cancel your membership (in accordance with the terms and conditions, and in our discretion) if you are found to have operated the Mevo vehicle in excess of speed limits.
We also provide certain information to third parties as set out at “Third Party Disclosure” below.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our sites are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our sites as safe as possible. Your personal information on our sites is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf (see Google Analytics below).
You may disable cookies on your device. If you choose to do so:
- Some user features will be disabled.
- It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient.
- Some of our services will not function properly.
Third party disclosure
We may release your information (including information about your use of our services):
- if your membership is tied to a business account then to the relevant organisation, for example information about trips you have taken using the services and the vehicles used;
- to industry block lists, for example where we reasonable believe that your Membership or the information you have provided to us is fraudulent or you have breached our Terms and Condition and we believe release is appropriate; and/or
- to appropriate enforcement authorities, for example the information suggests you are driving dangerously or speeding, when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our site policies, or to protect our or others’ rights, property (including repossession of vehicles), or safety.
We may also provide your personal information in a non-identifiable form to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Specifically, we will provide the following data to third parties and their agents in relation to the Mevo services:
- Insurance Provider: a breakdown of membership demographics, average trip length and distance to our insurance provider. We may also provide telematics data (whether personal or aggregated) and video footage.
- Law Enforcement: Trip and personal information to law enforcement agencies with appropriate jurisdiction when they provide us with a legitimate request for such information.
- Electricity Provider: information on trip distance and power consumption (and other similar data) to our electricity provider.
We will notify you within 10 business days in any case where we have disclosed your personally identifiable information to any third party, with the exception of where we may provide your personally identifiable information to law enforcement agencies in their work on any open investigation.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Hands-Free and other Vehicle Systems
The Mevo vehicles allow you to connect your phone or device to the vehicle to the hands-free and others systems, which among other things enable you to play music and take phone calls etc while in the vehicle. You can also input data directly into the system by using the in-build controls within the vehicle. The security features listed at “How do we protect personal information?” above does not apply to information input in this manner, and we cannot guarantee its protection.
By entering or allowing information into the vehicle (regardless of method) you acknowledge and agree that you do so at your own risk, and that any personal information retained by the vehicle may be accessible to third parties (such as other users who use the vehicle after you, the vehicle owner, or the manufacturer or service agents). We take no responsibility for data that is stored and/or disclosed in this manner.
Depending on the vehicle type, cameras on the vehicle may record video footage of the vehicle and its surroundings. Video recordings are saved locally to the vehicle’s on-board memory, and you are solely responsible for deleting this video footage at the end of your trip by following the instructions provided by Mevo.
By accessing a vehicle that records video footage you acknowledge and agree that: you do so at your own risk; if you do not delete the video footage at the end of your trip, any personal information within the video footage may be accessible to third parties (such as other users who use the vehicle after you, or the vehicle owner); and we take no responsibility for personal information that is stored and/or disclosed in this manner.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about use of our site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit this site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to the site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve this site.
Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit this site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google.
Google Analytics employs cookies to define user sessions, which allows for the collection of data about how visitors are using the websites. Google Analytics uses only first-party cookies for data analysis.
This means that the cookies are linked to a specific website domain, and Google Analytics will only use that cookie data for statistical analysis related to your browsing behavior on that specific website. According to Google, the data collected cannot be altered or retrieved by services from other domains.
If you choose, you can opt out by turning off cookies in the preferences settings in your web browser. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit Google Analytics.
How do we delete your information?
The deletion procedures in this section do not apply to any category of personal information that is not specified. Personal information that is not specified in the table below will be retained by Mevo for as long as:
- we are required to do so by law or in order to comply with a regulatory obligation.
The following table details:
- the categories of information that we collect as part of the Services and that are subject to the deletion procedures in this section; and
- the events that will automatically trigger the process to permanently delete the applicable information (once commenced, this process cannot be reversed); and
- the timelines for the applicable information to be permanently deleted.
|Document Information||Images and details of your Driver Licence; Selfie image; Verification of your vaccination against COVID-19 (if collected).|
|Membership Application Rejected||Deletion will commence within 30 days after the date Mevo rejected your application for Membership.|
|Membership Hibernation||Deletion will commence once Mevo has placed your Membership into hibernation. Please refer to our Mevo Membership Agreement for further information.|
|Membership Cancellation or Termination||If you have not used Mevo’s services: Deletion will commence within 30 days after the effective date of cancellation or termination of your Membership. If you have used Mevo’s services, including at any point using the Mevo app to unlock a vehicle: • Deletion will commence within 12 months after the end date of the last use of Mevo’s services.|
Privacy Act and Data Breach
The law governing privacy in New Zealand is the Privacy Act 2020. We will use all reasonable efforts to act in accordance with the privacy principles as they apply to your personal information.
We will notify you within 10 business days in any case where we discover that the integrity and/or confidentiality of your personally identifiable information has been compromised. At your request, we will provide details to you of any known near misses to the integrity and/or confidentiality of your personally identifiable information.
Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007
The Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 is the law in New Zealand that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them. We will use all reasonable efforts to act in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred (which, for the purposes of the Act, we do because we believe we have your implied consent to send such material)
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can:
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email - and we will promptly remove you from relevant correspondence.
29 Marion St