Please Read Carefully
Mevo’s Terms and Conditions include both the Mevo Membership Agreement and the Individual Trip Agreement, setting out the hire and membership details for use of Mevo’s car sharing services. The Terms and Conditions are made between ‘Mevo Limited’ (herein referred to as ‘Mevo’) and the person applying for membership (herein referred to as ‘You’).
It is hereby agreed as follows:
- 1.0 Mevo Membership Agreement
2.0 Individual Trip Agreement
- 2.1 Critical Events
- 2.2 Mevo’s Trip responsibilities
- 2.3 Beginning your Trip
- 2.4 Accidents Damage and Breakdowns
- 2.5 Liability
- 2.6 Insurance
- 2.7 Insurance Exclusions
- 2.8 Refuelling
- 2.9 Cleaning
- 2.10 Lost Property
- 2.11 Returning your vehicle at the End of a Trip
- 2.12 Approved Mevo Carparks
- 2.13 Repossession of Vehicle
- 3.0 Pricing Schedule
- 4.0 Payment of fees and charges
- 6.0 How to Contact Mevo
1.0 Mevo Membership Agreement
1.1 Signing up to a Mevo Membership
By submitting your details for a Mevo Membership you agree and abide by all Terms and Conditions included in the Mevo Membership Agreement and the Individual Trip Agreement. You also confirm that all the information provided in your application is accurate and complete and that you meet the Member Eligibility Criteria.
You also confirm your understanding that Mevo has absolute discretion to decline your Mevo Membership application, whether or not you meet the eligibility criteria. You also understand that Mevo has complete discretion to change the Member Eligibility Criteria at any time by updating the Member Eligibility Criteria section without any notification.
If no membership plan as detailed in the Pricing Schedule is selected or advised at the time of your application, Mevo will assume your selected plan is the ‘Mevo Basic’ membership plan and will load the corresponding pricing to your account. If you would like to change your membership plan please Contact Mevo with your preferred membership plan. Any payments already processed are not eligible to be refunded.
You must Contact Mevo immediately if there are any changes to your Membership Registration information you provided.
By submitting your registration you also agree and acknowledge that you have read and understood the accompanying documents:
1.2 Member Eligibility Criteria
To become, and remain a Mevo Member with access to Mevo vehicles, you must meet and maintain all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age, and;
- Hold a full valid Type 1 car driver’s licence, and;
- Have a valid credit card and or debit card in your name as shown on your Driver’s Licence.
You will also be asked for additional information to the eligibility criteria to complete your registration which includes a physical residential address, valid contact mobile phone number, valid email address, driver’s licence number, type, expiry, date of birth and disclosures of any driving convictions, excluding parking fines.
You may also be required to undertake a credit check and/or criminal history check for membership approval and ongoing membership requirements if requested by Mevo. The results of these checks may result in a denied application or terminated Membership Agreement.
You also understand that a restricted amount of users can use the Mevo service before the network reaches capacity. You also understand that your anticipated usage of Mevo’s services is considered along with your membership application, and that Mevo can delay and or deny any application if your projected usage is incompatible with the network supply.
1.3 Mevo Membership Assessment
Mevo will assess your membership application for eligibility against the Member Eligibility Criteria. Mevo has entire discretion to deny any member application for reasons which Mevo deem appropriate.
If your Mevo Membership Application has been approved, Mevo will notify you via the email you have supplied in your application with instructions on how to complete your Driver Profile. Your Driver Profile must be completed within 30 days of Mevo’s notification before Mevo’s offer of membership is withdrawn. Throughout this period, no provisioning of Mevo’s services will be available until this profile is completed.
When your Driver Profile is completed your member billing and access to Mevo’s vehicles commences.
If your membership has been rejected due to incomplete details, or your details have changed since your initial application, or you have not responded in 30 days to accept Mevo’s offer of Membership; you can Contact Mevo to have your membership re-assessed. Re-assessment does not in any way constitute approval of a Mevo Membership and the normal Member Eligibility Criteria still applies.
1.4 Driver Profile
To validate, and to continue using Mevo’s services, you agree that you must have a valid, up to date Driver Profile.
Your Driver Profile contains the following information:
- Full name as shown on your licence
- Physical residential address
- Valid cell phone number
- Valid email address
- Current credit or debit card held in the name shown on your drivers licence
You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to update your Driver Profile via the Mevo App or online at mevo.co.nz, with any change of details which includes any change in:
- Traffic violations or convictions (excluding parking infringements)
- Driver licence details including suspension, expiry, suspension, termination or loss
- Credit card details
- Physical address, mobile phone number or email address
If you do not Contact Mevo and advise any change in the details listed above, you understand that you have breached the Mevo Membership Agreement and Mevo can act without prejudice, to suspend or cancel your Mevo membership and pursue any outstanding fees charges and damages as specified in Payment of Fees and Charges.
You may change membership pricing plans or cancel your Mevo membership at any time by submitting your request to us in writing at Contact Mevo. Changes will take effect in the following calendar month. Any portion of unused monthly membership fees will not be refunded.
1.5 Mevo Member App and Swipe Card
Vehicles are accessed via the Mevo App which is available for smartphones including iPhones, iPads and Android phones. The Mevo App also provides information on your Mevo account, Mevo contact details, instructional content, location of vehicles, vehicle access and trip survey questionnaires.
If the Swipe Card feature is selected to access the vehicles in addition to the the Mevo App, Mevo will post you the Mevo Swipe Card to the address you have saved in your Driver Profile. By selecting the Mevo Swipe Card you agree that:
- The Mevo Swipe Card will remain Mevo’s property at all times and you must return it to Mevo on request.
- You are prohibited from tampering, removing reading, copying or manipulating the RFID chip located within the Mevo Swipe Card.
- You will pay any card replacement fees as detailed within the Pricing Schedule for any lost, stolen damaged or unreturned Mevo Swipe Cards.
You agree not to permit any other person access or use to your Mevo Swipe Card and/or Mevo App login details. You must Contact Mevo immediately if your Mevo Swipe Card or smartphone with the Mevo App installed is stolen, lost, or destroyed.
You understand that this is to prevent improper or unathorised use of your membership and that you will be held responsible for all fees, costs and damages in connection with your Mevo account if somebody else uses your membership through the Swipe Card or Mevo App to access Mevo vehicles.
You acknowledge that you will not use the Mevo App for any use than what it is intended for, or attempt to enter the vehicles through any other means other than the Mevo App or Swipe Card.
Any improper use of the App or Swipe Card may result in suspension or termination of your Mevo membership, referral to local authorities and or any applicable costs arising from damages to Mevo.
1.6 Suspension or Termination of a Mevo Membership
Mevo reserves the right to suspend or terminate your membership and access to Mevo’s vehicles at any time without prejudice. This may, but is not limited to, the following circumstances:
- If you do not comply with any terms of this Mevo Membership Agreement.
- If you no longer have a valid type 1 Drivers Licence.
- If you are charged or convicted for a major traffic violation and or fail to report any change to Mevo.
- If you do not inform Mevo of any changes of personal details included in your Driver Profile.
- If you are found at fault or partially at fault for any accident.
- If you have an ongoing history of vehicle damage, which Mevo determines is unacceptable.
- If you have an ongoing history of leaving the vehicle in a dirty state which Mevo determines is unacceptable.
- If your behaviour whilst using Mevo’s services including driving and parking, is deemed by Mevo to be unacceptable.
- If you have an ongoing history of not ending your trip in an Approved Mevo Carpark within the city Home Zone.
- If Mevo experiences any issues in regards to payment to your specified charge method or you do not pay any amounts that are due to Mevo.
- If you do not provide full cooperation with information and assistance, with all Mevo requests relating to an insurance claim, infringement or speeding fine or lost property investigations.
You acknowledge and agree that Mevo can terminate this agreement and your Mevo membership at any time. Mevo will disable your access to vehicles and provide a notification email to the email address saved in your Driver Profile.
You may choose at any time to cancel your Mevo membership by advising in writing to Contact Mevo. Mevo will confirm the termination in writing to the email address you have provided in your Driver Profile. Any unused membership fees will not be refunded.
Even if the Mevo Membership Agreement has been suspended, terminated or cancelled, you must still make payment of all oustanding fees, including any damages incurred to Mevo under this Mevo Membership Agreement.
2.0 Individual Trip Agreement
As included within the Mevo Membership Agreement you agree to comply with the following conditions for every trip in a Mevo Vehicle. A trip commences when the ‘unlock car’ function is selected and is completed when you select ‘end trip’ in the Mevo App.
You acknowledge that whilst using the Mevo vehicle you shall:
- Always have your drivers licence physically on you at all times.
- Always complete a visual damage inspection before driving the vehicle and immediately report any issues to Contact Mevo.
- Take all reasonable care and attention when driving and parking the vehicle.
- Ensure the vehicle is locked securely when unattended by using the vehicle keys found in the card and key holder in the glove box. A trip cannot be completed until the keys are returned to the card and key holder.
- Unplug and replug the vehicle into a Mevo electric charging station wherever possible.
- Return the vehicle in a clean, tidy, acceptable manner and remove any rubbish and/or debris left on the vehicle floor mats. If the vehicle is soiled or requires additional cleaning directly from your trip please request the Mevo Valet function by requesting it through the in-app chat or Contact Mevo.
- Return the vehicle to an Approved Mevo Carpark within the city Home Zone.
If any warning lights of the vehicle are activated throughout your trip you must safely stop driving and consult the Owners Manual located in the vehicle’s glove box. If you are unable to solve the problem you must Contact Mevo immediately and follow Mevo’s instructions.
2.1 Critical Events
You acknowledge and accept that your Mevo insurance will not apply to any of the critical events listed below, and also that your membership may be suspended or terminated, vehicle repossessed, and or fees charged as specified in the Pricing Schedule, if any critical events occur whilst using the Mevo service.
You acknowledge that when using the Mevo service, you shall not:
- Allow or operate the vehicle without your physical Driver’s Licence.
- Allow anybody else to drive the vehicle unless they are an approved Mevo Member.
- Allow anyone to smoke in the vehicle.
- Allow or use the vehicle recklessly.
- Allow any animals to be transported in the vehicle.
- Allow the vehicle to be used outside your control.
- Allow the vehicle to be hired or rented to another party.
- Allow the vehicle to be involved with any illegal activity.
- Use any hand-held electronic devices whilst driving the vehicle.
- Allow the vehicle to carry more occupants in excess of the manufacturer’s specifications, as detailed in the Owner’s Manual located in the vehicle’s glove box.
- Use the vehicle for transportation of passengers for a fare or reward unless you have prior written confirmation from Mevo and comply with Part 4A of the Land Transport Act 1998.
- Allow the vehicle to carry dangerous goods as defined by the Land Transport Rule: Dangerous Goods 2005.
- Allow or operate the vehicle in any circumstances when the driver is under the influence of alcohol or a drug which contravenes Sections 12, 56, 57-, 57A, 57AA or 58 of the Land Transport Act 1998.
- Allow or operate the vehicle in a manner which breaches the Land Transport Act 1998, the Transport Act 1962, Land Transport (Road User) Rule 2004, or any other Act, regulations, rules, or bylaws relating to road traffic in New Zealand.
- Register or claim to be entitled to register any interest in the Vehicle under the Personal Property Securities Act 1999.
- Allow or operate the vehicle, for towing or propulsion of another vehicle.
- Interfere or modify any part of the vehicle, including the engines, transmission, suspension, brakes, body panels, chassis, batteries, glass or interior components, outside the intended use as detailed within the manufacturer’s specifications located in the glovebox.
- Allow or operate the vehicle when it is an unsafe or unroadworthy condition when such condition has arisen during the course of the hire, that has caused or contributed to damage or loss, when it would be reasonably expected that you were aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the vehicle.
- Leave or fail to remain at an accident scene, or event before the arrival of a tow or salvage operator.
- Refill the vehicle with any other fuel type other than what is listed on the fuel cap.
- Allow the vehicle to be used on a beach, riverbed, floodwater or taken aboard a vehicle ferry.
- Allow or operate the vehicle beyond the terms of the Mevo Membership Agreement which includes the Individual Trip Agreement, or any agreed extension of terms which is agreed in an emergency circumstance.
- Allow the vehicle to be used in a manner or under circumstances that insurance might not be available (see Insurance Exclusions).
Mevo has the right to terminate any trip without prejudice or notice and take immediate possession of the vehicle for any member who fails to comply with any terms of the Mevo Membership Agreement which includes the Individual Trip Agreement.
2.2 Mevo’s Trip responsibilities
Mevo is responsible to provide a reliable vehicle of road worthy condition, which also:
- Has a current vehicle registration
- Has a current Certificate of Fitness
Mevo is responsible for all costs with operating the vehicle throughout the term of the trip except to the extent of those costs are payable by you as specified in the Mevo Membership Agreement which includes the Individual Trip Agreement.
2.3 Beginning your Trip
You can reserve a vehicle in advance up to the booking time as specified in the Pricing Schedule. Reservations can be made via your Mevo App or other methods which Mevo may make available. Only one reservation at a time is possible per Mevo Member, which can be cancelled at any time via the Mevo App (note that cancellation fees may apply as set out in the Pricing Schedule).
If you do not commence your trip within the reservation timeframe, your reservation will expire and your vehicle will be available for other Mevo Members to reserve or use. Mevo has full disclosure to cancel any reservations due to reaching vehicle network capacity, technical or mechanical reasons, emergency, safety, or business operational reasons that may arise.
You may also rent any available vehicles without a prior reservation. These vehicles can be found through your Mevo App. You can recognise available vehicles by the green availability light illuminated in the RFID windscreen reader.
When you arrive at your vehicle select unlock on the Mevo App or pass your Mevo Swipe Card accross the RFID windscreen reader which will unlock the vehicle. Please be aware that in some cases it can take up to 1 minute for the vehicle to receive any lock/unlock commands, depending on mobile network latency.
If you have any issues regarding reserving or opening your vehicle please Contact Mevo.
Before you begin your drive in the vehicle, you agree to:
- Familiarise yourself with the vehicle and the supporting vehicle documents on the Mevo App and vehicle manual in the glove box.
- Check that the Z Energy fuel card and vehicle keys are correctly located in the card and key holder in the glove box.
- Inspect the interior and exterior for any damages above and beyond normal wear and tear as detailed in the Mevo Membership Agreement and for any items of lost property from the previous hirer.
- Unplug the vehicle and secure the charging plug as detailed in the educational content in the glovebox and on the Mevo App.
If you discover any damage to the exterior or interior, or any vehicle interior soiling you must Contact Mevo immediately and advise. Mevo will determine a solution which may include making alternative arrangements if the vehicle can no longer be used.
You understand and agree that if you do not check, and or communicate any existing damage at the beginning of your trip to Mevo, that the damage will be deemed to have occurred during your trip and the applicable damage fees will be charged to you as detailed in the Pricing Schedule, unless it is proved to Mevo’s satisfaction that the damage was pre-existing.
By selecting ‘Unlock Car’ in the Mevo App you agree and accept the terms of the Individual Trip Agreement and the external condition of the vehicle.
2.4 Accidents Damage and Breakdowns
In any emergency situations dial Ambulance Police or Fire on 111 Any accidents, damages, breakdowns, or defects (regardless of cause) must be reported to Contact Mevo immediately. You must also inform the police if it appears that there has been arson, theft, burglary or malicious damage during your trip.
You will be required to complete an incident report which is located in the vehicle glovebox which will require:
- the name, residential address, contact phone and licence number of any person involved (Third Party) and the name of their insurer;
- the registration numbers of all vehicles involved;
- an accurate written and diagrammatic description of the Accident and location;
- the names of attending police officers (if any) and the stations at which they are based.
You shall not allow, arrange, or undertake any vehicle repairs or salvage unless with the express consent from Mevo, except where the repairs or salvage are necessary to minimise the damage or danger to people, the vehicle or other property.
If the vehicle requires repair or salvage, Mevo has absolute discretion to:
- Provide an alternative vehicle or transport solution, albeit a different vehicle type from the initial vehicle (subject of course to network capacity and practicality), or
- Terminate the trip immediately.
Mevo is only responsible for a refund of any Mevo fees and charges incurred by you during any period of a vehicle defect or breakdown. You acknowledge and agree that Mevo is not responsible for loss of employment or opportunity, disrupted travel plans, missed flights, or any other type of loss (whether direct, indirect, or consequential).
You are liable for:
- any loss of, or damage to, the vehicle and its accessories;
- any consequential damage, loss or costs incurred by Mevo, including salvage costs, loss of ability to use the vehicle, and loss of revenue; and
- any harm to, loss of, or damage to, vehicles and property of third parties, arising during the term of hire or afterwards if not left in an Approved Mevo Carpark within the city homezone.
All Mevo vehicles have vehicle insurance and third party cover, excluding any trips covered under the Corporate Self Insurance agreement. Insurance is subject to:
- The excess set out in the Pricing Schedule;
- A damage administration fee as detailed in the Pricing Schedule; and
- The Insurance Exclusions listed below.
You must cooperate with Mevo and our insurers in good faith on all insurance related matters including following directions, and providing reasonably requested information and assistance
If you have your own insurance provisions you acknowledge that you are still held personally liable for the full amount payable to Mevo regardless of when or if your insurer makes payment to yourself.
You acknowledge that there is no insurance cover for any personal items left in the vehicle by you or any passenger, which is stolen from the vehicles, lost or damaged through the trip period or for any items left in the vehicle after you complete your trip.
2.7 Insurance Exclusions
Mevo’s insurance will not provide cover for the following (please note that the following is a summary only – Mevo’s full insurance policy is available on request):
- Any loss, damage or liability while the vehicle is being driven by, or otherwise in the charge of, someone else (regardless of whether that person is a Mevo Member) who:
- does not have a licence which is in full force and effect to drive the vehicle at the time and place of the accident;
- following an event resulting in a claim fails or refuses to permit a specimen of blood or breath test to be taken after having been lawfully required to do so;
- has a proportion of alcohol in his or her blood or breath which exceeds the legal limit prescribed;
- is convicted of any alcohol or drug related offence arising out of the circumstances resulting in any claim;
- is not complying with the conditions of their licence;
- is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and where alcohol or drugs contribute in any way to the accident. This means a claim may be declined even if you are under the legal limit prescribed;
- leaves the scene of the accident when it is an offence to do so;
- allows or operates the vehicle, whether legal or otherwise, to be:
- tested for or engaged in racing, sprinting, drag racing, pacemaking, hill climbing, off-roading, reliability or time trials, rallying, speed tests or any form of motorsport or high speed driver training;
- used in a manner that would be contrary to your Mevo Membership Agreement, the purpose for which the vehicle was designed, or the use of a vehicle as defined in the Land Transport Act 1998 or any amendment or any Act(s) in substitution of the Act;
- in an unsafe or roadworthy condition;
- loaded or operated in excess of the manufacturer’s recommended specifications, or loaded contrary to the law, or its ancillary plant or machinery being operated contrary to the law;
- on hire.
- Any damage resulting from a vehicle not being returned to an Approved Mevo Carpark within the city Home Zone.
- Any loss, damage or liability arising from, or claim for:
- aggravated, punitive or exemplary damages, fines and / or other penalties or reparation orders;
- any unreasonable, criminal, reckless or wilful act or omission by you or by anyone in charge of the vehicle;
- subsidence, landslip, erosion or geothermal activity;
- personal injury as defined and / or for which cover is provided under the Accident Compensation Act 2001 or any amendment or any Act(s) in substitution of the Act;
- the cost of defending any charge or charges relating to any continuing offence under any Act of Parliament.
- Liability for:
- loss or damage if you have agreed with any party to accept responsibility for any loss or damage for which the law would not otherwise hold you responsible for;
- bodily injury.
- Loss, damage or liability arising directly from or occasioned by or through or in consequence directly or indirectly of or claim for war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities or war-like operations (whether war be declared or not), civil war, mutiny, civil commotion assuming the proportions of or amounting to a popular rising, military rising, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power, martial law, confiscation or nationalisation or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public authority, or any act of any person or persons acting on behalf of or in connection with any organisation the objective of which includes the overthrowing or influencing of any de jure or de facto government by terrorism or by any violent means.
- Where you act contrary to Mevo’s Terms and Conditions, including circumstances amounting to a Critical Event.
Mevo endeavours to keep the vehicles fuelled with gasoline however it is your responsibility to ensure you have enough fuel for your trip. If you do require additional fuel throughout your journey please use the Mevo Z Energy fuel card located in the card holder in the vehicle’s glovebox. Z Energy service station locations can be found here.
The Z Energy fuel card will only accept charges relating to the fuel type listed on the inside of the vehicles petrol flap. After you have completed refuelling please use the card to pay for the fuel and return the Z Energy fuel card into the glove box.
The Z Energy fuel card remains the property of Mevo. You must not:
- Use the fuel card to purchase fuel that has not been put into the Mevo vehicle.
- Copy, manipulate or destroy the Mevo card in any way.
You acknowledge and take full responsibility for any unauthorised charges that have occurred on the Z Energy fuel card whilst in your control. You understand and accept that if there is a discrepancy in the fuel you have put in the vehicle and what has been charged to the Z Energy fuel card, that you are personally liable for payment and your Mevo Membership may be terminated as a result.
If the Z Energy fuel card of your vehicle is lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning, you must Contact Mevo immediately to prevent any unauthorised use. If the Z Energy fuel card has not been returned to the card holder in the vehicle’s glove box, the individual trip will not complete.
If it is not practical to use the Z Energy fuel card, you may refuel the vehicle yourself and submit to Mevo within 30 days a photo of the fuel receipt. Mevo will require you to confirm the receipt details showing the date, time, location and GST number of fuel station, type and volume of fuel purchased and the total fuel amount. You will have the option to have the funds refunded to your nominated payment method saved in your Driver Profile. If your Mevo account is in deficit, Mevo will automatically apply the credit to your account.
If you submit a fuel reimbursement claim, an administration processing fee as detailed within the Pricing Schedule may be applicable for acts of negligence such as putting the incorrect fuel in the car and/or intentionally choosing to not use the Mevo supplied Z Energy fuel card or Z Energy refuelling station.
If the vehicle runs out of fuel when on hire to you please Contact Mevo. Please note you will be liable for call out, tow and salvage fees associated with retrieval storage and repair of the vehicle, together with all costs of retrieval or relocation a non-returned vehicle.
Mevo cleans each vehicle regularly and it is expected that each member takes care to return the vehicles in a tidy acceptable condition. This includes removing all rubbish, wiping down sticky surfaces and or dusting the vehicle mats of any debris left from shoes.
If you feel that the vehicle’s interior and or exterior require attention directly resulting from your usage, please use the in-app chat function to request a valet service. Mevo will then triage your vehicle for cleaning and charge the applicable cleaning fees as detailed in the Pricing Schedule to your payment method saved in your Driver Profile.
If you have soiled the vehicle or spilt liquids, vomit or blood, please remove as much as possible so as to not leave long lasting interior damage and Contact Mevo immediately. A soiling charge as detailed within the Pricing Schedule may apply.
If you arrive at your Mevo vehicle and do not feel the cleanliness it is at the appropriate standard, please Contact Mevo. Mevo will arrange another vehicle if available.
You understand and agree that if you leave the vehicle in an unacceptable condition as determined by Mevo, Mevo will charge a cleaning fine as detailed in the Pricing Schedule and may also suspend or cancel your membership.
2.10 Lost Property
Mevo encourages you to check all compartments, seats and the boot after you complete your journey to ensure you take all your property.
If you are missing something, or you find any lost property in a vehicle from another member, please Contact Mevo. In the case of finding another member’s item, leave the item in the vehicle and Mevo will arrange for it to be returned.
You acknowledge and accept that Mevo, and/or any other Mevo members cannot be held responsible for any items that you leave in the vehicle during and/or after a trip.
2.11 Returning your vehicle at the End of a Trip
To return your vehicle at the end of a trip you acknowledge and accept that you will:
- Return your vehicle to an Approved Mevo Carpark wihin the city Home Zone
- Ensure that the vehicle is turned off
- Check the vehicle for any items of lost property and remove all signs of rubbish
- Ensure the Z Energy fuel card and vehicle keys are returned to the holder in the glove box
- Plug the vehicle back into the charging unit (where this is available)
- Complete a damage inspection and Contact Mevo if any new damage has occured on your trip
To end your trip you must lock the vehicle by using the Mevo App. A trip can be ended only if the vehicle is locked.
You are responsible for ensuring that your trip has ended successfully and the vehicle is locked. You also acknowledge and accept that if you do not successfully end your trip you will be charged in accordance with the Pricing Schedule until the trip has actually been completed.
If you have any issues completing your trip please Contact Mevo.
2.12 Approved Mevo Carparks
You can start or end your trip in any Approved Mevo Carpark within the city Home Zone.
The Mevo Home Zone in your city is outlined with a thick orange line within your Mevo app and is communicated by a Home Zone light which is located in the centre console. When a vehicle is in the city Home Zone the light located in the centre console is green. A trip may be started or ended successfully in an Approved Mevo Carpark.
An Approved Mevo Carpark means the following types of legal parks within the city Home Zone:
- Mevo reserved carparks as detailed within the Mevo App
- Council time restricted parks displaying a parking time limit of 120 minutes or greater (where these do not form part of any clearway)
- Council metered parks (where these do not form part of any clearway)
- Council coupon parks (where these do not form part of any clearway)
A trip must not be ended in any of the following prohibited carpark spaces within the city Home Zone:
- In any loading zone, or P time limit less than 120 minutes
- Any DC, CC, or FC signposted parking spaces
- Any signposted clearways - regardless of the time of day
- Disabled parking
- Residents parking
- Private carparks
- Taxi or bus stops
- Any other car sharing providers designated carpark spaces
If you end your Mevo trip in any prohibited carpark spaces you will be liable for all charges and damages incurred, including any infringements, towing or salvage fees and Unauthorised Parking Fees as detailed within the Pricing Schedule.
When the vehicle is outside of the city Home Zone, the Home Zone light in the centre console is red. A trip cannot be ended outside of the city Home Zone.
If you have any questions about approved parking spaces please Contact Mevo.
2.13 Repossession of Vehicle
Mevo may end an individual trip and repossess the vehicle (and enter any premises and remove the vehicle) at any time if Mevo believes:
- you are in breach of the Mevo Membership Agreement, which includes the Individual Trip Agreement; or
- the vehicle to be endangered or damaged; or
- the vehicle has been associated with actions that endanger people, property, or Mevo’s reputation.
In the event Mevo ends an individual trip and / or repossess the vehicle:
- you will be notified that the vehicle has been repossessed via email to the address saved in your Driver Profile along with any outstanding amounts owing;
- any personal items found in or on the vehicle by Mevo will be left the following day to a local police station which you will be notified via email saved in your Driver Profile;
- Mevo will not be liable for any charges or damages you experience in relation to the repossession of the vehicle;
- you will have no right to a refund of any part of the fees and charges levied in accordance with the Pricing Schedule;
- you will additionally be liable for a repossession fee as detailed in the Pricing Schedule.
Ending an individual trip and repossessing the vehicle shall be without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of you or Mevo.
3.0 Pricing Schedule
Please see our pricing page for details.
4.0 Payment of fees and charges
You shall pay Mevo for the applicable charges in the Pricing Schedule relating to the membership you have selected and the corresponding hourly rate. You authorise Mevo to charge all amounts payable to your payment method as saved in your Driver Profile.
In addition, you acknowledge that you shall be liable for any additional charges relating to your rental term as specified in the Pricing Schedule which include:
- Excess kilometre charges for distance travelled in advance of the daily limit detailed in the Pricing Schedule for every kilometre overrun.
- Traffic, Road toll, infringement parking, speeding, or traffic signal offences. (Each an infringement notice).
- Any damages or repairs of the vehicle and loss of use arising from any acts of neglect, and uninsured events.
- Vehicle relocation costs if vehicle is not returned to a Mevo approved car parking space.
- Any cleaning fees arising from the return of the vehicle which Mevo considers to be in an excessively dirty condition which requires extra cleaning resource. This includes but is not limited to, food, vomit, spillage of fluids, stains, hair, sand, grime, rubbish removal, unpleasant odours and any smoking or tobacco residue.
- Interest on any unpaid amounts.
- A card payment dishonour fee.
- Mevo administration charges which are detailed in the Pricing Schedule.
- Any parking infringements, recovery costs, and Unauthorised Parking Fees as detailed in the Pricing Schedule, for not ending your trip in an Approved Mevo Carpark within the city Home Zone.
You agree that any membership fees will be charged in advance at the start of each membership period to your nominated payment method. You also agree upon booking each vehicle an authorisation hold is placed on your charge card and the corresponding charges are finalised when the trip is completed. You understand that a trip cannot commence unless the membership fee and authorisation amount has been approved. Mevo has sole discretion to change this authorisation value with 30 days written notice.
Mevo will forward any Infringement Notice and associated reminder notices (if applicable) to you for any charges you incur. You have the right to challenge, complain about, query or object to the alleged offence to the issuing enforcement authority. You have the right to seek a court hearing within 56 days from the date of the Infringement Notice or 28 days from the date of issue of a reminder notice. Mevo will forward to your nominated address any Infringement Notice received in connection with your trip together with these Terms and Conditions within five working days of receipt of the Infringement Notice. Mevo will notify you of any additional charges arising from an Infringement Notice prior to charging your payment method as saved in your Driver Profile.
If you fail to pay for any money due in connection with your Mevo Membership including the hourly rate and any extra charges as detailed in the Pricing Schedule within 14 days of the due date which you were required to pay the money, Mevo may charge without prejudice, and you must pay all additional cost as outlined below:
- All debt, legal or other external agency collection fees and charges incurred by Mevo for the recovery of the outstanding costs.
- Interest charges on the outstanding costs exceeding the 14 day grace period. Interest accrues at a rate of 10% per annum in excess of the interest rate payable by Mevo for overdraft fees calculated on a daily basis, compounding monthly. This is charged daily until the payment is actually received.
- Mevo debt management fee as detailed in the Pricing Schedule.
4.1 Refund Policy
Mevo will refund any charges which Mevo deem to have been charged in error, or outside the terms of this Membership Agreement. Mevo will action the request within five working days of notification.
This excludes any Damage Liability Charges which will only be refunded once an insurance claim has been closed.
Mevo will not refund any charges for any denied membership applications or denied insurance claims.
Refunds will only be deposited in the nominated payment method as included in your Driver Profile. A credit note will also be issued to your nominated email address as included in your Driver Profile.
4.2 Dispute Resolution
If you believe there has been an error in the charges relating to Mevo’s services, or you have a complaint of any kind relating to Mevo’s services; please Contact Mevo in the first instance.
If your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction you may refer the matter to Mevo’s executive team on (04)910 6386.
6.0 How to Contact Mevo
In an Emergency
For all other enquiries
We operate in-app and online chat in all of our products. Or you can email us at email@example.com Physical Address
Level 1, 11 Cable St